Keeping up with my promise, I thought I could start with something simple, almost funny even, yet a very important question
How to check if you’re connected to the internet, the biggest knowledge base known to mankind.
1. Open up your browser, in my case it’s firefox
2. Click on the long tab on top
3. Type http://google.com and press enter
4. If the google’s page opens up, congrats
1. Open up a terminal
2. type in ping 126.96.36.199
3. If you get a reply, you’re connected to the net
1. Typing in google.com works too!
2. You can directly search for something instead of going to google first
1. Try out traceroute 188.8.131.52 (You need to have traceroute installed first)
2. Try out sudo ping -f 184.108.40.206
NOTE: 220.127.116.11 is Google’s DNS Server